Sunday, October 10, 2010

I'm back!

Hi all,

I decided to finally start blogging again. I had decided to NOT do any blogging until after I finished my dissertation, which I did, YEAH! I turned in the final copy in July 2009. So, my other excuses are job-related: I work too many part time jobs (mainly as an adjunct instructor) and I'm on the job market for a full time job. I have had many, many ideas for blogs and hopefully will get to some of these ideas: 1. 'dear folks letters'--lost or transformed art via blogosphere? 2. a recount of my shopping trip to Dillards in its final days before going out of business, an interesting exercise in shopping rituals that pushed such ritual boundaries--liminality everywhere 3. food and music synergy, a very recent exploration.

Before I get to these blog ideas, however, I've got more pressing concerns. I decided to get involved in the local and slow food scene in Columbia, SC (in part for research purposes and in part because I'm an advocate) and I'm contributing to the Slow Food Columbia blog periodically. The next blog will appear there as well. ~ Sarah Q.

No comments:

Post a Comment